Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A soldier and the nation

Subject: A soldier who fought for the nation and the nation never repaid.


Nobody knows nobody cares
If I am alive, if I am there,

A hero I was
To be sent up here,

To fight the enemy
Who it was? I never cared,

The enemy was roaring
And nation was calling,

To fight the beast
There I was strolling,

Ate sand in desert
Had ice in dinner,

The bullets flying passed me
Never found me thinner,

The war was over
The peace restored,

I was found missing and then
Incredibly ignored,

Waiting for nation
To fight for me,

Not a storm but a spark
To ignite for me,

Not a single Aah
Not a single cry,

I was left alone here
To whether live or die,

4 comments:

Ravish said...

Sahi baat kahi hai bhaiya!

Cheers!!

Peeyush Agrawal said...

Nice and and very true. In light of current dispute about 6 th pay commission very true.

Virendra said...

good one

Tanwar said...

"A soldier and the nation" a beautiful and great tribute for the one who was there for us to breathe freedom......


lovely....